Skills we wish to develop:
- Independence skills
- Communication skills
- Employability skills
- Social skills
- Functional Maths and English skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team work skills
Role of our Job Coach – Mel Ridgeway
- Will be your first point of contact.
- Introduce the intern to their team.
- Inform you of the strengths & areas of development for the intern.
- Make adjustments to the job role.
- Share successful strategies and progression.
- Ensure the intern is on task and meeting your expectations.
- Answer questions you may have at anytime
As part of Key stage 4 & 5 curriculum, there is a great focus on skills for work and life. The students can gain qualifications from the OCR Examination Board linked to work related learning as well as take BTEC’s in Hospitality and Land management. We also link the students EHCP targets to the work experience.
Students leaving Slated Row School should be able to apply a range of skills such as literacy and numeracy, communication and ICT to engage with the world around them with increased independence. They should be able to contribute to the local community, through work or social enterprise activity. They should be able to demonstrate a level of self-advocacy in relation to elements of their Education Health and Care Plan such as living arrangements, support, friendship and greater independence. Projects such as The Old School House provides us with the opportunities for all of this to happen.
Our Careers programme offers:
- Our Job Coach offers impartial face-to-face guidance to all students at the school, helping them to make informed decisions about their future destinations and career pathways.
- STEM activities - to promote careers in science, technology, engineering and maths.
- Enterprise Activities
- Careers assemblies
- Support with post 16 applications and interviews.
- Visits to local colleges and training providers.
- Careers workshops and talks
- Employer visits
- Mock interviews with employers
- Opportunities for work experience internally and external placements
- Life & Living Centre – work related Learning
- Qualifications in the World Of Work Units.
Careers Leader – Dorrie Mutch - Assistant Head firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Coach - Mel Ridgeway email@example.com
Enterprise Adviser – Victoria Phillips who works for Lantmännen Unibake Bedford
Enterprise Co-ordinator, South East Local Enterprise Partnership – Deborah Foster
The Eight Gatsby Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers program
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Gatsby Mark 2
Learning from Career and Labour Market Information.
Please click the link below to find out more information and then click the tab at the top that says 'Growing People' this will then take you to Labour Market information.
Gatsby Benchmark 6
Experiences of Workplaces
Please click the lick below to see more information.